Rename Display Name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We would like to rename a huge number of users 's "Display Name" , is there a way to do this in Exchange Management Shell??Thanks.

Example:

Existing display name:

user1(city1)

user2(city1)

user3(city1)

New display name

user1(city2)

user2(city2)

user3(city2)

Thanks in advance

Lau

Sunday, March 20, 2011 7:39 AM

Answers

• Not sure with powershell off the top of my head but you can always use admodify.

Highlight multiple accounts go the the displayname field and enter %'samaccountname'%, - New York

Admodify download

http://admodify.codeplex.com/releases/view/6065

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Lau CM Monday, March 21, 2011 3:16 AM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:13 PM

All replies

• Not sure with powershell off the top of my head but you can always use admodify.

Highlight multiple accounts go the the displayname field and enter %'samaccountname'%, - New York

Admodify download

http://admodify.codeplex.com/releases/view/6065

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Lau CM Monday, March 21, 2011 3:16 AM
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Is "city2" a constant, or will it vary from user to user? Is the value of "city" to be taken from the AD user object itself? Will you be changing the value of "city" on each user?

I haven't tested this, but you should be able to use this (or something like it) if the name of the city is already populated in the AD user object:

get-user -resultsize unlimited | foreach{$c = $_.city;$u = $_.samaccountname; $dspname = "$u($c)";set-user $_.distinguishedname -displayname $dspname}

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Hi James,

Great, it works. Thank you very much!

Lau

Monday, March 21, 2011 2:54 AM
  • Hi Rich,

Problem fixes. Thank you very much!

Lau

Monday, March 21, 2011 2:55 AM