none
Delete microsoft project 2010 standard calendar entry RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using a standard calendar.   The calendar has an unkown listing that I would like to delete.   Project will not allow me to delete it keeps hanging up.   It appears to delete until I hit ok to save it.   Any ideas......

Friday, May 11, 2012 1:44 AM

Answers

• Dan,

When you say "The calendar has an unkown listing..." what exactly are you talking about?  Is it an exception?  Does this happen on all new projects or is it happening on a single file?  If the answer to these are - Yes and on all projects, then the easiest way I can think of is getting another Project 2010 file (preferrably created on a different system) then use the organizer to copy that file's standard calendar into your it into Global.MPT file.  If it is happening on a single file, use the same process, only copy the calendar into that file.  Let us know more details so we can track this issue.

Hope this helps.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series

Friday, May 11, 2012 2:37 AM
  • Adding to Gregg, are you connected to Project Server? If yes, then check on if you have permission to edit the Calendar.

Sapna S

Friday, May 11, 2012 6:02 AM

All replies

• Dan,

When you say "The calendar has an unkown listing..." what exactly are you talking about?  Is it an exception?  Does this happen on all new projects or is it happening on a single file?  If the answer to these are - Yes and on all projects, then the easiest way I can think of is getting another Project 2010 file (preferrably created on a different system) then use the organizer to copy that file's standard calendar into your it into Global.MPT file.  If it is happening on a single file, use the same process, only copy the calendar into that file.  Let us know more details so we can track this issue.

Hope this helps.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series

Friday, May 11, 2012 2:37 AM
  • Adding to Gregg, are you connected to Project Server? If yes, then check on if you have permission to edit the Calendar.

Sapna S

Friday, May 11, 2012 6:02 AM