Contacts update for several clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hello my name is Dimitris i have a question about outlook 2019. In company we don't have exchange server we just use outlook 2019 imap accounts and i want to update a file with contacts every time we have to add a person in contact list i have to do it in every computer how can i avoid this in order to have the main file on server and the users to replicate the file with changes and update their contacts thank you.
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 7:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Dimitris,

I understand that you'd like to sync your contacts between Outlook client and server. According to my research, I'm afraid that an IMAP account does not sync contacts between Outlook client and server now.

As a workaround, if possible, it is suggested to apply for an Outlook.com email account, Outlook.com accounts are hosted on an Exchange server. Then you are able to sync all your data between Outlook client and server.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:52 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 15, 2019 9:35 AM