problematic environment variable inside OSD RRS feed

• Question

• Guys,

If I specify <ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE="TEST">%SFT_MNT%\ReMa315.001\VFS\CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\Rema;</ENVIRONMENT>
    in the OSD file

then shouldn't this show up if i execute cmd.exe from a prelaunch script and run a "set" without parameters?
    <SCRIPT TIMING="PRE" EVENT="LAUNCH" WAIT="TRUE" PROTECT="TRUE" TIMEOUT="0">
    <HREF>CMD.EXE</HREF>
    </SCRIPT>

I only see the system variables, but I can't see the new TEST environment variable and value that i just set.

I am using the 4.5.2.17140 client

Help....
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 2:54 PM

Answers

• Like I replied over at appvirtguru.com, virtual environment variable processing in App-V Client is likely so that they are only set to process launched via CODEBASE FILENAME.

Since the behaviour of [virtual] environment variables isn't really documented anywhere, this is purely based on my guesstimate how things are handled. Maybe someone of MS could comment on this particular subject?

/Kalle

Thursday, June 3, 2010 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Try using POST LAUNCH instead and see if that improves.

/Znack

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Like I replied over at appvirtguru.com, virtual environment variable processing in App-V Client is likely so that they are only set to process launched via CODEBASE FILENAME.

Since the behaviour of [virtual] environment variables isn't really documented anywhere, this is purely based on my guesstimate how things are handled. Maybe someone of MS could comment on this particular subject?

/Kalle

Thursday, June 3, 2010 9:35 AM