SATA IS NOT WORKING! RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have ACER ASPIRE computer and it has 2 hard disk. 1 SATA and 2nd NON SATA. NON SATA hard disk has VISTA Business edition installed. Vista has show SATA disk drives during the setup but after completing the installation it is not showing the SATA hard disk drives in MY COMPUTER only the NON SATA drives are available. If i remove the RAID controller driver, Vista search for the drivers and installs the driver automatically then it shows the SATA disk drives, but vista is considering my SATA as USB drive. On every restart same problem and same procedure i have to do to see the SATA disk drives in MY COMPUTER.

Please advise about the problem.

Thank you,

Nabd Al Hayat

Monday, January 17, 2011 7:44 AM

All replies

• i suggest you check ACER website for SATA drivers for your specific laptop model.
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:11 PM
  • also dont forget to enable all SATA related options in BIOS
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:12 PM
  • i have sata drivers from acer. But Windows vista business edition has taken the RAID controller driver by it self. and When i try to upgrade the driver it give me message that windows has installed the best software for your device.
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:29 AM
  • All sata related options are enabled. Sorry i forget to tell you all before, Windows XP is working fine on this PC and after installing the WINDOWS XP it ask for RAID CONTROLLER driver. And After installing the raid driver HARD DISK IS SHOWN. But why i am facing this problem in WINDOWS VISTA?
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:32 AM
  • first uninstall the RAID controller driver that vista installs. restart, then dont allow windows install the device automatically, the install the one you downloaded manually.

N.B-BE SURE YOU DOWNLOADED THE acer drivers that are for vista

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:28 AM
  • i did but nothing happened. Still same..
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 5:52 AM