none
UAC on client machine

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have 10 users on my current Server 2008 R2 machine, 2 of which are administrator accounts. But when logged in with either of those accounts on any client machine (Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate x64), and trying to perform certain actions, I am prompted with an UAC window asking for administrator details, I enter the same details as the account I'm logged in as, which allows me to continue. Why does the machine prompt me for details when the account is an admin one anyway? How do I resolve this.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, December 26, 2014 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Jack,

>>Why does the machine prompt me for details when the account is an admin one anyway? How do I resolve this.

Based on your description, we can try to navigate to the following policy setting:

Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode
    After navigate to the setting, we can enable the setting and select Elevate without prompting.

Regarding this setting, the following article can be referred to for more information.

UAC Group Policy Settings and Registry Key Settings

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd835564(v=WS.10).aspx

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Monday, December 29, 2014 5:38 AM