none
BIOS Update Process Error RRS feed

• Question

• afuwin.exe IMAGEFC.ROM /p /n /r /sp /b /defans /capsule
    10 - Error: Unable to load driver.

Child process failed. Return code: 16
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:44 AM

All replies

• Anything else you want to share with us? Please provide details what you are trying to accomplish and where it goes awry.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:38 AM
  • I am not able to update my bios
    Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:58 AM
  • Are you running the BIOS update utility from inside of the MDT task sequence? If not, you may wish to post on a different forum.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:23 AM
  • Looks like this is for a Lenovo, in my experience this has to be done in Windows and can not be called directly in a task sequence because it auto reboots the computer. I used a task sequence to inject it into the run command on login after the deployment has finished.
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 11:06 PM
  • Afuwin is a 32 bit application and will only run in x86 WinPE because the necessary subsystems to load the drivers afuwin uses are not present. Look in the extracted files for Afuwinx64.exe. If that file is present, you can run that in 64 bit WinPE. If not then you will have to update BIOS in full OS. IMAGEFC.rom is for the ThinkCentre E73 and M73. These are older and may not contain the updated Afuwinx64 files. But, on a positive note, Starting with the M900 and newer systems, Lenovo is including this 64 bit file in with BIOS updates to help with BIOS deployments during TS. Someone else mentioned the wflash2.exe. Lenovo is also including a 64 bit version of that file too starting with the M900 series. LawsonT
    • Edited by LawsonT Friday, March 23, 2018 11:43 AM Additional info
    Friday, March 23, 2018 11:33 AM