windows office product keys, RRS feed

• Question

• I need the prodcut keys for windows office for windows vista, because under the laptop there is a prodcut keys (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX), butit keep on saying is a worng prodcut keys. Please can you help me find the correct prodcut key.

thank you 

This is the Prodcut: HP530

S/N: XXXXXXXX

P/N: GU327AA#ACQ

• Edited by David Wolters Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:16 PM Removed PII (Product keys, serial number)
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 7:52 PM

Answers

• Gkoutene,

Please do not post product keys in public forums. I edited your post above to remove them. You should always be careful of posting personally identifying information or something valuable (such as a product key) on the internet.

The product key on the bottom of your laptop is for your Operating System, not for Microsoft Office. Most laptops purchased have a trial version of Microsoft Office. If it was sold with Office pre-installed, the product key would most likely be in your system documentation. It is not that common to have anything other than a trial version on a new laptop.

If you believe that you bought a computer pre-installed with a retail copy of Office, please contact the manufacturer or reseller that you bought it from.

Thanks

David

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Friday, September 10, 2010 2:13 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:25 PM
  • The key on the bottom of the computer is for Windows.  You must buy a product key for Office.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Gkoutene" wrote in message news:1b2c4339-6050-43b4-894f-29ece4ccc570@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I need the prodcut keys for windows office for windows vista, because under the laptop there is a prodcut keys (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX), butit keep on saying is a worng prodcut keys. Please can you help me find the correct prodcut key.

thank you

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:39 PM

All replies

• Gkoutene,

Please do not post product keys in public forums. I edited your post above to remove them. You should always be careful of posting personally identifying information or something valuable (such as a product key) on the internet.

The product key on the bottom of your laptop is for your Operating System, not for Microsoft Office. Most laptops purchased have a trial version of Microsoft Office. If it was sold with Office pre-installed, the product key would most likely be in your system documentation. It is not that common to have anything other than a trial version on a new laptop.

If you believe that you bought a computer pre-installed with a retail copy of Office, please contact the manufacturer or reseller that you bought it from.

Thanks

David

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:25 PM
  • The key on the bottom of the computer is for Windows.  You must buy a product key for Office.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Gkoutene" wrote in message news:1b2c4339-6050-43b4-894f-29ece4ccc570@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I need the prodcut keys for windows office for windows vista, because under the laptop there is a prodcut keys (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX), butit keep on saying is a worng prodcut keys. Please can you help me find the correct prodcut key.

thank you

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:39 PM