none
ISCSI Disk not found or failed, but it shows healthy in Disk Management. RRS feed

• Question

• The disk is a 4TB LUN on our NAS. The NAS was rebooted yesterday while the DPM server was online. I guess I should take the DPM server down before rebooting the NAS in the future, but I've never had this problem before. There were no jobs processing at the time.

Rescan disk in DPM doesn't help. Tried rebooting the server and the NAS a couple times, still no luck. Any ideas?

• Edited by KyleAG Friday, January 11, 2019 4:05 AM softwaregore
    Friday, January 11, 2019 4:04 AM

Answers

• Ok, but do you see the disk inside the VM (DPM) in server manager or disk management? Is the disk and partition healthy or is it RAW? 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Proposed as answer by KredsBanned Friday, January 11, 2019 7:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by KyleAG Saturday, January 12, 2019 1:02 AM
    Friday, January 11, 2019 6:01 PM
  • Oh thank you, that got me looking in the right place. It was showing good on Hyper-V disk management, but it wasn't showing in DPM's disk management at all.

I removed it from the VM's SCSI controller, then added it back again. Did a rescan on DPM and we are backing up again.

Thanks!

• Proposed as answer by KredsBanned Friday, January 11, 2019 9:47 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2019 6:57 PM

All replies

• Which version of DPM is installed? 

Can you paste any print screen from disk management and dpm so we can see the status? 

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, January 11, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Ok, but do you see the disk inside the VM (DPM) in server manager or disk management? Is the disk and partition healthy or is it RAW? 

• Proposed as answer by KredsBanned Friday, January 11, 2019 7:16 PM
    Friday, January 11, 2019 6:01 PM