none
Can You Group Tasks by Task Range Easily? RRS feed

• Question

• I have put together a simple task project in MS Project 2010.  I want to roll up the tasks by task range (e.g. tasks 1-12 would fall under "Aircraft Modification", tasks 13-20 would fall under category "Helicopter Modification", tasks 21-28 would fall under "Hardware", etc).  Is there a fairly quick and easy way to accomplish this?  I assumed it would be by grouping, but I can't find a way to group by task range.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:03 PM

Answers

• Randy_34,

Well the easiest way is to create summary lines for "Aircraft Modification", "Helicopter Modification", "Hardware", etc.

If for some reason the obvious simple approach doesn't work, use an extra text field (e.g. Text1) with the heading and then group on that field.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:12 PM
  • Thanks John -- I used the Summary Lines as you pointed out -- and that seemed to do the trick.  I just kept looking in the Group Menu -- and was looking in the wrong place to accomplish my objective.

RR

• Marked as answer by Randy_34 Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:18 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Randy,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. Please mark this post as asnswered so it doesn't hang around as "open" indefinitely.

John

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:42 PM

All replies

• Randy_34,

Well the easiest way is to create summary lines for "Aircraft Modification", "Helicopter Modification", "Hardware", etc.

If for some reason the obvious simple approach doesn't work, use an extra text field (e.g. Text1) with the heading and then group on that field.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:12 PM
  • Thanks John -- I used the Summary Lines as you pointed out -- and that seemed to do the trick.  I just kept looking in the Group Menu -- and was looking in the wrong place to accomplish my objective.

RR

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Randy,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. Please mark this post as asnswered so it doesn't hang around as "open" indefinitely.

John

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:42 PM