none
Open print server from Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Im basing this question on the similarity of windows explorer and internet explorer.

When I try to open a print server using \\printserver\0001 in windows explorer it works fine. However typing the same thing in internet explorer gives me an error message saying that \\printserver\0001 is not accessible.

What is causing this error?

Friday, March 25, 2011 12:06 PM

All replies

• Can you please let us know - What is the exact error message you are getting while accessing the print server via IE?
    VT
    Monday, March 28, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Hi DustG,

Try to access the printer server by IP address in Internet Exploer instead of the name.

If it doesn't work, please provide us with the detailed error message.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:14 AM
  • Miya,

I would like to avoid using the IP address, since I would like to use links for this. The error message is:

"\\printserver\0001 is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Inforrect function."

Currently what I have been doing is running a shell.application ActiveX command, but this is an unsafe control.

Thanks,
    Dustin

Friday, April 1, 2011 1:03 PM
  • I should also mention that if I go to \\printserver it works as intended.

Thanks,
    Dustin

Friday, April 1, 2011 8:00 PM