Folder Assistant Broken for Public Folders? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get the Folder Assistant for a public folder to reply and forward messages.  The rules are in place but nothing happens.

The rules in the folder assistant were working fine on the old Exchange server (2007).  The folders migrated without error.  Just for good measure, I created a brand new public folder and set rules with the folder assistant to reply and forward.  It's like the rules aren't even there--nothing happens.

I've seen other people post about this in various forums, but there were never any clear descriptions of how to fix the problem.

We're running Exchange 2013 CU3.

Thanks

Patrick

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:33 AM

All replies

• It seems like you're in good company with your problem. I'll try to find out something.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:51 AM
  • Ed, Any update?  
    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:47 PM
  • Sorry, I found out nothing.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 1:01 AM
  • Same issue after a 2007 to 2013 migration, my client's staff drag messages to a public folder which forwards them on to a mailbox to be collected by a 3rd party product which uses IMAP.  Since the migration the rules don't do anything so mail is stuck in public folders, not reaching the mailbox.  I smell a BUG.
    Saturday, May 10, 2014 5:41 PM