Desktop Warning and Confirmations RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anyway to stop all the warning and confirmation on the desktop when trying to install stuff?  The screen goes grey and you have to click continue.  I know its a safety feature, but it is so annoying.

Rob

Friday, May 11, 2007 12:57 PM

All replies

• Go to your control panel and either open user accounts or just put 'UAC' (User Access Control) into the search bar. You will be able to enable or disable UAC and get rid of these warning messages. However, no more 'second chance' - oops, no, I did not really want to do this warnings ;-)
    Friday, June 22, 2007 2:56 PM
  • u r referring to the UAC. so many guys wanting to turn it off 1 MS wanted it as a security feature to protect the user...in the process apart from protecting the machine REALLY well it has ended up irritating the user to such an extent that they actually want to disable the very thing which is kept to protect them Big Smile something like a pesky intrusive bodyguard , eh !?

And though I do not advice it, should you wish to disable it, you can do so simply as follows :

Open Control Panel > User Accounts > Click Turn User Account Control Off > Click yes again (!) to the UAC prompt > Clear the check box > Click OK. Reboot.

TweakUAC is an excellent utility which you should try.

Sunday, July 8, 2007 7:40 AM