Is There Any Way to Disable TS Easy Print? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to test an application that prints fine in Windows 2003 Terminal Services but locks up in 2008.  I'm suspecting that TS Easy print has something to do with this.  Is there any way to disable TS Easy Print and revert to the behavior of previous versions?
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:54 PM

Answers

• Yes, in Group Policy this is possible.  EDIT:  Look under Computer Configuration, Policies, Admin Templates, Windows Components, Terminal SErvices, Terminal Server, Printer Redirection for Use Terminal SErivces EAsy Print Driver First
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:58 PM

All replies

• Yes, in Group Policy this is possible.  EDIT:  Look under Computer Configuration, Policies, Admin Templates, Windows Components, Terminal SErvices, Terminal Server, Printer Redirection for Use Terminal SErivces EAsy Print Driver First
    Monday, July 20, 2009 1:58 PM
  • Is that the option under Printer Redirection?  Does that totally disable Easy Print?
    Monday, July 20, 2009 2:06 PM
  • Yes it turns Easy Print off and reverts back to the old model of printer redirection.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 2:08 PM
  • The response at the bottom of this link helped us - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753853(WS.10).aspx#ctl00_WikiContent_ctl00_History

Changed the permissions for the following directory to "Full Control" for USERS account - C:\Windows\System32\spool

Friday, March 18, 2011 10:14 PM
  • Yes it turns Easy Print off and reverts back to the old model of printer redirection.

No it does not turn easy print off, it only turns Easy Print to the 'backup' driver in case the real driver is not installed.  I need a way to completely disable Easy Print.

Steve

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:11 PM