Huge Problem - Service Stuck On Starting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, long time reader, first time writer here.

So at my work we've encountered a huge problem for the last 4 - 5months..
    Can start of by saying i work in the retail business, so we have around 150 - 200 stores with atlesat 2 POS in ea store, and from time to time our POS just stops working.

We are running Windows 7 btw.

The network icon has a blue circle and just keeps on spinning forever, you can't access administrative functions like Computer Management, Services, Eventvwr etc etc, you can however access Task Manager.

Nothing in the task manager eats up but we've noticed that when this happends MSMQ is in "START_PENDING" mode.

And since it's in the Pending mode i do not get a PID so i can't kill it, only thing that certainly works is if we Safe Boot the computer, disables this service, reboot in normal mode and then manually activate the Service.

This only happends on "old computers" and not freshly installed new POS machines, we've never had this problem before, we did activate Windows Update and Webroot on the POS machines, but they went fine four about 3 - 5 months until we noticed this problem.

I've checked with different consultants, read posts both here and on almost every site that i can think of.

Would really appreciate if someone could try and help us figure out what's going on...

BR,

Daniel

**Have no idea if this is the right forum category, if not please guide me to where i should post this**

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel,

Since you mentioned that you can manually start the service after clean boot, we can infer that the service itself isn't corrupted.

You mentioned that your network with blue circle spinning. As I know, Message Queuing relies on network connectivity for much of its functionality. If network connectivity is lost or compromised, messages may not be sent or delivered. So make sure you have stable network connection.

In addition, it is suggested that some third-party antivirus software is removed, which may affect the service status.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 11, 2017 5:56 AM
  • Hi Vivian_zhou, do you mean that we should remove our Anti Virus for testing purposes?

We've been in contact with our Anti Virus dev's and they've checked time after time but they can't see that it's blocking anything.

And as i said earlier, this issue does not happen to new computers only old ones which i think is quite odd..

• Edited by HTXDaniel Monday, December 11, 2017 12:03 PM
    Monday, December 11, 2017 11:23 AM
  • Hi,

It is suggested to contact the embedded forum to help you on the issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=posready

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 15, 2017 2:13 AM