Checkpoint VPN missing after Windows 10 Upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I have just updated my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I used to have problem with the Checkpoint as reported here, Checkpoint VPN Problem with no permanent solution and was hoping that Windows 10 will resolve the issue.

After upgrading my Windows however, it turns to be the worst. The whole Checkpoint VPN driver is gone from my Windows installation. All my previous Checkpoint VPN connection do not work anymore. Tried to create a new one, but could not find the Checkpoint VPN driver anymore from the list. Is the Checkpoint VPN no longer supported in Windows 10?

I checked the following thread, but no solutions are available. Windows 10 Checkpoint VPN problem, the thread seems to be going round without any solutions, even though one is marked as answer.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:26 AM

Answers

• I have actually found the solution to the problem.

My initial problem was from Windows 8, using the Checkpoint VPN provided by the Windows 8. I t had problem, and was not resolved. Hoping for Windows 10 to resolve it. After the upgrade, I could not find the Checkpoint VPN provider as part of the VPN list provider under VPN section.

I ended up installing the Checkpoint VPN software separately and got it working. But having to install complete software was not nice since the options were there in previous version of Windows.

After searching for clue and answer, I was introduced to Capsule VPN (also by Checkpoint), the same software I used on my Android phone. The Capsule VPN was available on the Store and download and install it. I went to the VPN setup, and found the Capsule VPN as one of the option in the VPN provider. Set it up for connection and got it working.

That resolve my problem!!.

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:25 AM

All replies

• Same here. This is actually a deal breaker for me. I live and die by my VPN connection to work, and the CheckPoint SSL client is just unacceptable. Is this "a feature"? Meaning the Windows team hasn't gotten around to adding those VPN Providers to Win10 yet? (emphasis on "yet"). Or is there legitimately something wrong that I can actually fix on my own?
    Friday, July 31, 2015 3:54 PM
  • Hi,

Here is the list figuring out which version of Checkpoint is compatible with Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductViewerWithDefaultFilters?TempOsid=Windows%2010&Locale=en-us&Architecture=X64&TextSearch=checkpoint%2BVPN&Type=Both&CurrentPage=0&TotalPages=1&ShowCriteria=0&SortCriteria=Relevance&Compatibility=Unknown&LastRequested=14

If the version you are running is not compatible with Windows 10, we may have to wait for manufacturer's update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 2, 2015 12:06 PM
  • I have actually found the solution to the problem.

My initial problem was from Windows 8, using the Checkpoint VPN provided by the Windows 8. I t had problem, and was not resolved. Hoping for Windows 10 to resolve it. After the upgrade, I could not find the Checkpoint VPN provider as part of the VPN list provider under VPN section.

I ended up installing the Checkpoint VPN software separately and got it working. But having to install complete software was not nice since the options were there in previous version of Windows.

After searching for clue and answer, I was introduced to Capsule VPN (also by Checkpoint), the same software I used on my Android phone. The Capsule VPN was available on the Store and download and install it. I went to the VPN setup, and found the Capsule VPN as one of the option in the VPN provider. Set it up for connection and got it working.

That resolve my problem!!.

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:25 AM
  • YES! That did it! Thank you Pakhriyahya!
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:21 PM
  • IT works! Thanx
    Sunday, August 16, 2015 8:01 AM
  • It works
    Friday, December 18, 2015 8:23 AM
  • That resolve my problem too !
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 2:20 AM