none
Gantt not showing baseline in Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I first noticed this during the preview period and reported it as a bug but it's still present.

In Project Professional 2013 when saving the baseline and asking the Gantt Chart to draw it, it does not appear. The bars are not shown.

Does anyone have this same behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Rene Alvarez

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:25 AM

Answers

• Hi René

Julie told us about your query and I wish You will review the following information, as other users have known Spanish version that had a similar problem.

If the same problem, it would be enough that you replace in Bar styles the field  "Comienzo de linea base" with "Comienzo de línea base estimado" or with "Comienzo previsto"; and "Fin de linea base estimado" with "Fin de línea base" or with "Fin previsto". Also try replacing "Comienzo previsto" with "Comienzo de línea base estimado".

I think it may be a problem with the migration of the Spanish version, from 2010 to 2013. Oddly enough, I noticed that some date fields that existed in 2010 no longer exist in 2013 and vice versa, there are fields that existed in 2013 and 2007 did not exist in 2010. It looks like a mess, but the following table clarifies everything.  The problem is not dramatic, because Project, typically data transfers them between fields to solve the error, but the problem still exists with the names. In any case, we have reminded the Microsoft product team this problem.

Fields NA in Spanish version

I take this opportunity to offer my help and my email address: imartin@epmconsultores.com who need to communicate in Spanish or need help related specifically to the Spanish version of MS Project.

Thanks and regards

Ignacio Martín Microsoft MVP for Project imartin@epmconsultores.com TEL: 34 913149977 MOV: 34 609156333

Friday, April 12, 2013 11:50 PM

All replies

• I couldn't reproduce, I can see baseline bars below task bars in Gantt view; could you check the bar colors for baseline bars by clicking on bar style, may be someone has changed it?

Sapna Shukla

Friday, April 12, 2013 11:15 AM
  • Thanks Sapna,

Check out this screenshot. Created a new Project just to show this. Two tasks, no changes at all, Brand new baseline and it does not show up:

Rene Alvarez

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Rene did you check the in Tracking Gantt too? if you are still not able to see it?Also, did you check the bar style for baseline colors?

Sapna Shukla

Friday, April 12, 2013 3:47 PM
  • That view is the Tracking Gantt chart, and yes, the bar style is showing the default greyed color:

Rene Alvarez

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:17 PM
  • I'm not able to understand the language which is used by Project, may be someone else who could read the languages from snapshot could help you on this. May be some conditions is hindering the display. Is this happening with all project plans you are opening?

Sapna Shukla

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:24 PM
  • It's spanish, don't worry about the translation. I can assure you it's configured just exactly as it should compared to a Project 2010 I frequently use and if I open a file with baseline that I can see just fine in 2010, in 2013 the baseline just does not get drawn.

I reported this as a bug in the preview versión but I never heared from Microsoft's team again and I don't know if this is indeed an issue, is something related tho the spanish version of Project or what.

Rene Alvarez

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:34 PM
  • In English Version, its working, I'm not sure of Spanish; lets wait if someone pitch-in to suggest further.Sorry for not able to help :(

Sapna Shukla

Friday, April 12, 2013 4:39 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm sure someone else will find helpful your comments on bar styles.

Hope someone at Microsoft can see this and shed some light on it.

Rene Alvarez

Friday, April 12, 2013 5:04 PM
  • Pardon me for bumping in.  I've sent a message through internal channels to see if anyone else can repro.  René - I'm assuming you are running the Spanish language version of Project Professional 2013.  32 or 64 bit?
    Friday, April 12, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Hi René?

Do you speak Portuguese?

Att,

@eduardofreire

Adm. Eduardo Freire Twitter: @eduardofreire Blog: http://blog.interface.eti.br - Caso tenha resolvido, por favor classifiquem a resposta!

Friday, April 12, 2013 7:44 PM
  • Hi René

Julie told us about your query and I wish You will review the following information, as other users have known Spanish version that had a similar problem.

If the same problem, it would be enough that you replace in Bar styles the field  "Comienzo de linea base" with "Comienzo de línea base estimado" or with "Comienzo previsto"; and "Fin de linea base estimado" with "Fin de línea base" or with "Fin previsto". Also try replacing "Comienzo previsto" with "Comienzo de línea base estimado".

I think it may be a problem with the migration of the Spanish version, from 2010 to 2013. Oddly enough, I noticed that some date fields that existed in 2010 no longer exist in 2013 and vice versa, there are fields that existed in 2013 and 2007 did not exist in 2010. It looks like a mess, but the following table clarifies everything.  The problem is not dramatic, because Project, typically data transfers them between fields to solve the error, but the problem still exists with the names. In any case, we have reminded the Microsoft product team this problem.

Fields NA in Spanish version

I take this opportunity to offer my help and my email address: imartin@epmconsultores.com who need to communicate in Spanish or need help related specifically to the Spanish version of MS Project.

Thanks and regards

Ignacio Martín Microsoft MVP for Project imartin@epmconsultores.com TEL: 34 913149977 MOV: 34 609156333

Friday, April 12, 2013 11:50 PM
  • Thanks Julie,

Yes, I'm using Spanish language versión, 32 bits on Windows 8 also Spanish version.

Rene Alvarez

Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:40 AM
  • Hello Eduardo,

Sorry, no. I'd love to learn but haven't got the time.

Rene Alvarez

Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:41 AM
  • Thanks a lot Ignacio,

That was it! Since 2007 I noticed too many translation errors that were never corrected.

Rene Alvarez

Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:47 AM
  • Hi Rene.  I have the same problem with Project 2013, baseline not showing in gantt.  Do you resolved this?
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:27 PM
  • Ruben,

Are you also using the Spanish Language version of Project?

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Hi there.

No the English version, but my Windows 10 is Spanish single language.

Using the Gantt wizard the baseline is shown. I am using this wizard as an alternative.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 8:49 PM
  • Hi Ruben,

Is Project 2013 up to date with the latest public updates?  See:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/p/msp13.aspx

It's strange that the Gantt Chart Wizard would work but the direct formatting doesn't.

Can you send a screen shot of the Bar styles dialog when you try to add the baselines without the wizard?
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Project 2013 is up to date.

I created a PDF file that show several screenshots describing the problem.  I uploaded to OneDrive, tell me how can I share it with you.

Regards

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Try to change the Region on Control Panel.

Works to me.

Monday, April 25, 2016 9:18 PM