ABSConfig.exe Crashing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am trying to use the absconfig.exe tool from the reskit but it keeps crashing.  Any ideas on how to get around this problem? I would like to use this tool to configure what attributes are being displayed via the address book. 

Thanks,

Doug

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:21 PM

All replies

• What does it mean crashing?  Can you explain?

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:31 PM
  • I double click on the absconfig.exe file and get the following:

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:20 PM
  • Hi,

Have you update the SQL Database?

Please try to install the latest update for Lync Server and client.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg131945.aspx

Please make sure the update for server roles are installed correctly.

In addition, please make sure the Resource Kit Tools you installed is the latest version:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21165

Regards,

Kent Huang

TechNet Community Support ************************************************************************************************************************ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Kent-Huang Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:20 AM
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 3:20 AM
  • Thanks for the information.  I am going to apply the updates in my lab to see if they fix this issue.  When I get some results I will post an update.

Cheers,

Doug

Thursday, November 1, 2012 6:32 PM
  • I'm still waiting on the SQL team to help me out here as they are reluctant to give me elevated permissions even in the lab to perform the update as they say it doesn't reflect what they do in production.  That being said is there anyway in Powershell to complete the same task as the absconfig tool? I would like to be able to hide accounts that are not sip enabled from the address book?

Thanks again,

Doug

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 4:30 PM