Need help blocking a mobile device from my e-mail. RRS feed

• Question

• I have outlook e-mail and it is synced to a mobile phone that I do not want synced anymore. When I go into settings and remove the device from the list of synced devices it stays gone for about 1 minute and then pops back up again. The message in the settings say that I can block a mobile device, but no such option in any of my setting exists!

I don't want this device synced to my e-mail. Why is there no way of removing it permanently???

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• What does your e-mail administrator say?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:56 PM
  • What e-mail administrator? There is no help desk or live chat that I know of.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:04 AM
  • You posted in an Exchange Server forum, so I assumed you're using Exchange Server.  If you're using Outlook.com, Office 365, or something else, I recommend that you post in a forum specific to the service, such as:

Office 365 Exchange Online Forum:  http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/158.aspx

Outlook.com forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum?auth=1

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Sunday, February 14, 2016 1:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:49 AM
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:12 AM
  • ok, great. I clicked on "help" in my outlook e-mail account page and it sent me here. Thanks for the help. I will just close the e-mail account now and never deal with outlook again.
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:21 AM
  • Just change the password.  The device is coming back since it has your credentials.  It would be easier as you said if you were an Exchange admin yet changing the password is pretty simple too.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:55 AM