none
FIM 2010 Sync Error : stopped-database-connection-lost RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

a weird thing just happened to me,

i'm synchronizing my MA and suddently i get the "stopped-database-connection-lost" error

i have 5 Galsync MAs working perfectly and this sixth one just failing ... (since like today)

which makes me wonder what is happening ... ?

any ideas ?

thanks !

Hitch Bardawil

Monday, May 19, 2014 1:53 PM

Answers

• thanks for your replies  guys,

i got microsoft support to help out, they told me to do the following, i'll confirm if that works :)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Value =DisableTaskOffload 

Type = DWORD 

Data = 1 

Value =EnableTCPChimney 

Type = DWORD 

Data = 0 

Value =EnableTCPA 

Type = DWORD 

Data = 0 

Value =EnableRSS  

Type = DWORD 

Data = 0

Hitch Bardawil

• Marked as answer by HitchB52 Wednesday, March 25, 2020 11:14 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hitch,

Look in the event log on the FIM Sync Server and on the SQL Server.

This error occurs when FIM can't contact the SQL Server that hosts the FIMSynchronizationService database.

Does this happen every time the sixth MA is run? What if you run them in a different order (might help us distinguish between a resource issue and something specific to that MA)?

Here are a few related threads:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65920fc0-a9ac-4a87-892f-338a6884cbd5/action?threadDisplayName=fim-ma-run-profile-stuck-with-stoppeddatabaseconnectionlost

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39129eac-09d3-48ff-83f9-ecb4ae2424b6/action?threadDisplayName=sharepoint-profile-synch-stoppeddatabaseconnectionlost

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Friday, May 23, 2014 8:23 PM
  • hello David,

nothing really interresting in the fim logs except the connection lost error, and 0 logs on the sql

changing the order doesnt seem to do much, funny thing is that my delta sync works fine, it's just the full sync on the main MA that fails after 5 minutes, 

is there anything else to check ?

thanks

Hitch Bardawil

Monday, May 26, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Hitch,

As this seems to be only during full sync, there might be object that when synced causes this that delta sync is not as there may not be pending changes...............Did you (or anybody) make changes to GALSYNC code? Try turning provisioning off and then attempt full sync on problem MA, does the problem still occur? It would seem as though when attempting to process a specific object, perhaps the connection to SQL is getting overwhelmed.............I am not sure what would cause that as with default GALSYNC code, we don't sync membership for example...............perhaps some other attribute that you have added flow rules for that differ from default?

You could theoretically configure default logging for sync engine (which default GALSYNC module includes) by going to galsync.xml file in extensions folder and change the 0 to a 1, then running your full sync on problem MA. If provisioning is enabled, it should show something like

Entering provisioning for CN=Britta Simon,OU=Employees,...........

Perhaps you could use this to determine what object(s) this is occurring on.............

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:47 AM
  • thanks for your replies  guys,

i got microsoft support to help out, they told me to do the following, i'll confirm if that works :)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Value =DisableTaskOffload 

Type = DWORD 

Data = 1 

Value =EnableTCPChimney 

Type = DWORD 

Data = 0 

Value =EnableTCPA 

Type = DWORD 

Data = 0 

Value =EnableRSS  

Type = DWORD