Unsubscribe button does not show up in outlook, List-Unsubscribe present in header RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement to display unsubscribe button on email generated from my application.

Based on RFC236, I have added List-Unsubscribe with mailtoin the header of the email generated. I have used client java application to trigger email for testing purpose.  However, I do not see unsubscribe button in the menu / action menu. Are there are pre-perquisites for the un-subscribe button to show up in the email ? 

Thursday, July 6, 2017 6:12 AM

All replies

• We have a requirement to display unsubscribe button for all the email generated from our application. Based on the RFC 2369, I have added List-Unsubscribe:  <mailto: header, however, the button does not get displayed.  I am viewing this email in outlook web.Is there any pre-requisites for the button to be displayed.

Any assistance is appreciated.

• Merged by Steve Fan Monday, July 10, 2017 3:36 AM duplicate post
    Friday, July 7, 2017 4:18 AM
  • Hi Novoice,

Where did you check the email, in Outlook desktop or in OWA?
    What if trying to manually send the email rather than send from your application and see the result?

When you opened the emails, was there any error message? 

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 7, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Hello Yuki Sun,

I tested in both outlook desktop and OWA. Both do not show the option. Also, I don't think we can add headers to email manually. Can we add headers to email Manually ?

My guess, this is related to trust between sender email server and the service provider. However , I am not sure how the same can be established.

Regards

Novoice.

Monday, July 10, 2017 4:45 AM