Moving PPSMonotring databse to another Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all ,

I install PPS with SQL Server 2005 on the same machine but now i move SQL Server to another server and i move PPSMonotring (backup and Restore) db to new one and i need to change PPS to point to new Server i Saerch and i found only following steps:

1. Edit all three the web.config files and do a find for PPSMonitoring

The three files default locations are:

SharePoint C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80

Monitoring WebService: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0\Monitoring\WebService

Preview: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server\3.0\Monitoring\Preview

2. Change this Catalog= to the correct Database in this line: <add key="Bpm.MonitoringConnectionString" value="Data Source=ServerName;Initial Catalog=PPSMonitoring;Integrated Security=True" />

4. Run IISreset

5. Refresh your Dashboard and redeploy to SharePoint

finally i need to know any thing i needed plus above points

thanks , regards

Volcano , "DATA is the Focus, Business is the Target”"
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You restored the PPSMonitoring database to a new SQL Server correct?  After the restore what rights does the Identity account running your Application Pools have to the PPSMonitoring database on the new server?  Make sure that the account still has BPMDeveloper rights in the DB.

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:11 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:31 PM

All replies

• You are right. Thats all you need.

Let us know if you successfully moved your config db's.

Regards,
    Rohit Kapoor
    Nothing is impossible
    Monday, January 12, 2009 9:47 AM
  •  Hi Rohit,

I follow above points but when try to refresh PPS I get error Msg "Unable to connect to server" when open server configuration and try to connect to get the same error

then change connection to old server but i still have the error Msg did u know why ?:(

thanks in advance , regards
    Volcano , "DATA is the Focus, Business is the Target”"
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 10:12 AM
  • Hello,

You restored the PPSMonitoring database to a new SQL Server correct?  After the restore what rights does the Identity account running your Application Pools have to the PPSMonitoring database on the new server?  Make sure that the account still has BPMDeveloper rights in the DB.

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 16, 2009 8:11 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 4:31 PM