Blue screen of death and BIOS won't load NO reboot possible RRS feed

• Question

• I have a TV card in my desktop and I was not using the computer for any other operations (Fusion HDTV has worked fine for 12months+) and the Computer started shutting down. I heard the TV go quiet and went in to the room and I just caught a glimpse of the BSOD right before it shutdown. The computer would not display although the computer was restarting. I have 2 OS (vista & XP) on 2 hard drives (NOT NEW!), wd250g hd & wd200g hd (sata), The chipset is MSI K8M800 (I know it is old, but I have had no problems) Processor is AMD 3000+ (64 but os is in 32) 2 x 1 gig Kingston 3200 DDR, 2 x opticals and a card reader. I have tried swapping drives and running with just 1 etc, also tried removing video card (ATI raedeon 9550 saphire) and running off of the onboard display port. There is no smell in the case and nothing appears to be cooked. I have tried booting off of both original OS CD's. I dont have another SATA supportive computer to see if the contents of the drives is intact or not. WHY WONT MY PC OUTPUT TO A DISPLAY? Can anyone help me please?
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 1:58 PM

Answers

• I have just replaced the ram with some spares that I had (after completely stripping my MB!) and everything seems to be working fine!
    • Marked as answer by heeelpme Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:10 AM
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:09 AM