Changing default link color in wiki page RRS feed

• Question

•  

I think this is an issue with the built-in theme called "Lacquer." The default href color for is too light for the white background that wiki pages have, so I'd like to change that color. However, I can't find where to edit that theme, since I don't see a reference to an external style sheet.

Does anyone know where I would directly change the color of all links in a site theme? Going through each wiki page to specify the link color manually would work, but is obviously not ideal.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 7:19 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the help, looks like the Lacquer theme on mine does have it's own css wiki link color, it was just the class named ".ms-wikicontent a {..." in the folder  ../<subsite>/_themes/Lacquer/Lacq1011-65001.css

I changed that from the light orange color it was, to a dark blue that is more visible on a white background, so it's fixed.

Friday, February 15, 2008 12:55 AM

All replies

• From a quick look at the Lacquer theme it's css file is not overridding the settings for the wiki link class (ms-wikilink) so it's using the value from CORE.CSS instead.

You could modify the therme.css in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\THEMES\LACQUER to include a setting for ms-wikilink so it'll have whatever color you choose.

• Proposed as answer by Sephiroth0327 Monday, March 22, 2010 4:49 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 6:23 PM
  • Thanks for the help, looks like the Lacquer theme on mine does have it's own css wiki link color, it was just the class named ".ms-wikicontent a {..." in the folder  ../<subsite>/_themes/Lacquer/Lacq1011-65001.css

I changed that from the light orange color it was, to a dark blue that is more visible on a white background, so it's fixed.

Friday, February 15, 2008 12:55 AM
  • Glad i could help

Friday, February 15, 2008 12:58 AM
  • I am trying to do the same thing as web-develoepr. Can you help me tracking down the right style sheet? I only find theme.css in my LACQUER folder. If I change the color code of ms-wikicontent a, it doesn't change the link color.

Many thanks in advance!
    Friday, August 8, 2008 10:22 PM
  • This is the style you need to add to your Theme.css file

.ms-wikicontent a.ms-wikilink
    {
    text-decoration:none;
    color:#ae0a11;
    }
    Friday, March 6, 2009 6:35 PM
  • I changed the default to blue...works great

.ms-wikicontent a.ms-wikilink a:link
    {
    text-decoration:none;
    color:#00008B;
    }

HOWEVER.....

for visited links I am doing:

.ms-wikicontent a.ms-wikilink a:visited
    {
    color:#800080;
    }

But it isnt working...The color is still the am I missing something? The color is still blue

Monday, March 22, 2010 4:26 PM
  • nevermind..I got it

I used:

.ms-wikicontent a {
    color: #0000FF;
    }
    .ms-wikicontent a:visited {
    color: #800080;
    }

"The more they hold us down, the more we press on!"
    Monday, March 22, 2010 5:57 PM
  • Thanks Guys