Sharepoint OpenDocument Class Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Let me get the details out of the way.

SP 2007 + Windows 7 x64 Ent (All updates) + IE 10 (Latest Updates 10.0.9200.16736) (tried both 32bit and 64) + Office 2013 x64

This issue is only being experienced by half of our users while the other half it is not. It is happening my my system and I have tried EVERYTHING! to attempt to fix the issue.

ISSUE: Click on any doc in sharepoint first time works properly (pop-up asking if you want to open read-only or edit) pick either or, close the Office '13 program, eg Excel... Click on document again pops up asking to open file with, or save, or save as. Opening the file makes IE download the file to the download directory and chnages are not pushed to the document on sharepoint.

I have found only one other close to the same issue online here

What I have tried:

1) Re-installing Office '13 - did not work
    2) Resetting IE 10 to factory settings - did not work
    3) Grab another owssupp.dll, from a working system, and attempt to reregister the dll - unregistering/re-registering failed
    4) Uninstall IE 10 - causes windows to revert to IE 9 - Everything works on IE 9 (ARGGGGGG we want to keep everyone on IE 10)
    5) Reinstalled IE 10 - Worked until some updates/reboot occured, then symptoms returned

I'm honestly at my wits end with this redic issue, nothing is resolving it and I'm going BANANAS!

Please! Any iideas or thought to try besides completely reimaging the devices would be great, thanks!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:03 PM

Answers

• What a shocker... unique issue, which isn't really so unique considering its been reported in multiple locations.

Anyway, Since it works in IE 9 (32 bit only), I have sadly used this as my solution to user experiencing this issue... totally crappy solution but its the only one that's currently feasible.

Log into troubled users system > uninstall IE 10 update. Pin / shortcut IE 9 32 bit as default browser.

I would love if a MS tech would actually review this bug....

• Marked as answer by Zewwy Friday, November 29, 2013 10:09 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 10:09 PM

All replies

• Anyone anything? ERRRRR this problem is driving me crazy! And to test before I go reimaging people machines I did the following:

1) Spin up a new VM.

2) Installed Vanilla Windows 7 x64 SP1

3) Joined domain, installed Office 2013 x64

4) Ran all updates

5) Installed IE 10

6) Problem STILL EXISTS!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:08 PM
  • What a shocker... unique issue, which isn't really so unique considering its been reported in multiple locations.

Anyway, Since it works in IE 9 (32 bit only), I have sadly used this as my solution to user experiencing this issue... totally crappy solution but its the only one that's currently feasible.

Log into troubled users system > uninstall IE 10 update. Pin / shortcut IE 9 32 bit as default browser.

I would love if a MS tech would actually review this bug....

• Marked as answer by Zewwy Friday, November 29, 2013 10:09 PM
    Friday, November 29, 2013 10:09 PM