Event ID 7034 The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated unexpectedly on SharePoint Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one

What does these errors mean, on the SharePoint Application server event viewer, and how can i solve them?

Event ID: 7034

The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s).

----------------------------------------------------------------

Event ID: 7034

The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s).

Thanks in advanced

Monday, January 17, 2011 6:22 AM

Answers

• Hi M.AMIR,

Have you do virus scan recently?

Please check your antivirus report, if your computer has been infected with the Code Red worm even though you installed security updates to help prevent this worm. The above error messages may be logged in the System event log.

For more details please read this KB. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821749

Best regards. Emir
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:05 AM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check this if it can help

http://www.gridview.org/kb/iis6/You-may-be-unable-to-start-the-World-Wide-Web-Publishing-Service-on-a-computer-that-is-running-IIS-6-0-and-has-the-Patch.aspx

Let us know if it works

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Monday, January 17, 2011 7:53 AM
  • Hi M.AMIR,

Have you do virus scan recently?

Please check your antivirus report, if your computer has been infected with the Code Red worm even though you installed security updates to help prevent this worm. The above error messages may be logged in the System event log.

For more details please read this KB. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821749

Best regards. Emir
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, January 27, 2011 7:05 AM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:13 AM
  • Thanks Emir,

Our anti virus software is Symantec End Point and in has been fully updated every day and i don't see any virus infection log on it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 5:23 AM
  •  

I agree with Emir, your Anti-virus could by mistake report that your computer has been infected with the Code Red worm as It detects Code Red worm requests, including .ida file requests, to the World Wide Web Publishing Service.

The antivirus software acts as if the server has been infected with the worm, which mostly won't be true causing the IIS Admin service to crash or close unexpectedly & generating this error.

To resolve this problem, contact your anti-virus software manufacturer for an updated signature file,  If you are using McAfee antivirus software, update the signature to 4266 or later.

Please check the below Microsoft KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821749

Thanks,

Islam Elshafie.

Moderator Note 1: NEVER write "Mark this as answer; If it answers your question." in your posts.

Moderator Note 2: NEVER Propose your own answers. The "Propose as Answer" function is there so that people can propose the good answers of other people. I is not there for self-proposing.

• Proposed as answer by Islam Elshafie Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:31 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:01 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:02 AM Moderator Notes added. Stop doing these things NOW
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:31 AM
  • So searching for the following error brings me here; 

> The World Wide Web Publishing Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s).

I come to this page - one of the top results - and I see everyone screaming "virus".

In our case, this is wrong. What really happened was one of our other users shut down the IIS service without informing us and the message stating this had gone overlooked.

Just wanted to add this for all the Googlers that hit this page and get upset that "they have a virus"

Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:38 PM