Test-CsPstnOutboundCall - Automatically Hangs Up - Can this be delayed or changed so the Far End Closes Down The Call RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Bit of a strange one  and hoping someone can help.  I am using the Test-CsPstnOutboundCall command to try and test users on our voice recording system.  What we require is an automated call to be placed via the above command and then the far end (me on my mobile) picks up and says something like "test test test"  The command above works great and I can generate and answer the call but it hangs up after about a second and doesn't allow me enough time to do my shoutdown.

Question is this.  Is there a way of delaying the hang up time to something like five seconds or better still the only way the call can be closed down is if I (the call received on the mobile) close the call down.

Would really appreciate some help, very new to SFB so really finding my way around at the minute

Thanks all

C

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:00 PM

All replies

• Hi CJv3,

I have done more research for this issue, but didn’t find any ways to modify this delaying for hang up time.  The command “Test-CsPstnOutboundCall” is just for testing the ability of a user to make a call to a phone number located on the public switched telephone network (PSTN). Once this call arrive to test user phone, the tested result will be successful, then call will be hang up automatically, it is by design, you could refer to the following link:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398207.aspx  

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Thursday, June 1, 2017 5:53 AM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 5:53 AM
  • Hi Jim

Many many thanks for the reply, really appreciated

Can I ask a couple of further questions

1. Is there a way to copy the current code from the CMDLET into a new cmdlet and then just add in a sleep command

2. Possible to write a powershell script to add in the sleep command (I'm thinking not but I figured I'd ask)

Thanks again for the help :)

Thursday, June 1, 2017 6:53 AM