Password Management via Incidents RRS feed

• Question

• Hii,

We are using SCSM 2012 SP1 and required a solution for the following scenario.

A user create a request / incidents which will be assigned to an analyst. Analyst requires the admin password to resolve the case. ID could be the local admin or domain id having the local admin rights only for workstations.

We want from assigned analyst that he should request against the assigned incident for admin id and password along with required time period i.e. for 30 minutes or 1 hr etc for the resolution.

Is this possible or not?

If yes then How?

Is there any solution available from any partner?

Or any other solution as we want to control the local admin or domain id (local admin of WS via GP).

Regards, Syed Fahad Ali

Friday, February 14, 2014 3:22 PM

All replies

• Also, can we use FIM for above scenario?

Is there any integration between FIM and SCSM 2012? 

Regards, Syed Fahad Ali

Friday, February 14, 2014 3:27 PM
  • I hope I under stand you correctly, but from what you indicate you require the analyst to have admin permissions, either Domain or local workstation, for a fixed period.  You could achieve this quite easily with Orchestrator and a 'configuration' database to store the periods from when you want the user to have access and until you want them to have access.  Determining what level of access would be down to the offering for example.

HTH

Cheers

Shaun

Saturday, February 15, 2014 3:00 AM