win 10 preview couldn't update to windows 10 RRS feed

Answers

• actually you can't focus on picture bottom bcz i add my windows build version.

it's windows auto update.

i try to update my 10074 build win 10 enterprise insider preview to latest build .

You are right.

I did not pay attention to the bottom right of your screenshot. Sorry.

Please disregard my previous reply because it does NOT apply to Enterprise version.

For reason unknown, MS has not released a new Enterprise ISO since build 10074.

Unlike the Pro version users who can use the ISO to install build 10130, you don't have that luxury.

I am afraid I cannot help you.

Is it absolutely a must that you have to use the Enterprise version ?

Can I talk you into doing a Clean Install of Build 10130 Pro version by using the link I posted above ?

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

First, let's rename the windows update temp files by following commands, make sure you run CMD as administrator:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptsvc

Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

net start wuauserv

net start cryptsvc

Thentype the following command in CMD to repair your Windows, and then press Enter.

It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Note Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2015 3:17 AM

All replies

• Please clarify......

Your title says : win 10 preview couldn't update to windows 10     

For now, there is only Windows 10 Technical Preview ( aka Windows Insider Preview ), there is no Windows 10 yet. Not until July 29th.

So what exactly were you doing ?

Were you trying to update from one Win 10 TP build to the current build ?

If yes, what build are you trying to update from ?    

Were you trying to update via Windows Update ?

The most current Win 10 TP is build 10130.

Here is the build 10130 Pro version ISO download if you care to use it :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso-update-1504

Friday, June 19, 2015 1:36 PM
  • actually you can't focus on picture bottom bcz i add my windows build version.

i try to update my 10074 build win 10 enterprise insider preview to latest build .

Friday, June 19, 2015 1:46 PM

You are right.

I did not pay attention to the bottom right of your screenshot. Sorry.

Please disregard my previous reply because it does NOT apply to Enterprise version.

For reason unknown, MS has not released a new Enterprise ISO since build 10074.

Unlike the Pro version users who can use the ISO to install build 10130, you don't have that luxury.

I am afraid I cannot help you.

Is it absolutely a must that you have to use the Enterprise version ?

Can I talk you into doing a Clean Install of Build 10130 Pro version by using the link I posted above ?

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:00 PM
  • Hi,

First, let's rename the windows update temp files by following commands, make sure you run CMD as administrator:

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptsvc

Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

net start wuauserv

net start cryptsvc

Thentype the following command in CMD to repair your Windows, and then press Enter.

It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

Note Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference Repair a Windows Image.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824869.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2015 3:17 AM