Lumia 928 battery life dropped 80% after Windows 10 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Last week I upgraded my Verizon Lumia 928 phone to Windows 10.0.10586.71. Since the upgrade, the battery drains at 25% per hour and the phone is very hot at all times as if something is cranking the CPU. Turning off Wifi and Bluetooth don't help, and I've tried going to the battery saver app and disabling every background app with no change.  Basically with every service off on the phone except for calls and texting, the phone locked peacefully on my desk dies in 4 hours; prior to the upgrade this would take 20-25 hours. Are there any logging or debugging options I can enable or can I tether to my computer and view any text logs to do forensics?  My phone is mostly useless so any thoughts appreciated.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2016 11:04 PM

All replies

• Check the background apps and turn off them.

Personally I found turning off Glance app helps to improve battery life.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Thursday, February 11, 2016 12:41 AM
  • Definitely a bug in .71, last night my phone upgraded to 10586.107 and battery life is back to normal, so thanks Microsoft.

There is still one open bug in this build, in Windows 10 my phone will not charge via USB tethered to a computer. I have tried two computers and two cables that all worked on this phone with 8.1. The phone still charges correctly on a wall plug-in.

Saturday, February 13, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Thanks but your reply was not helpful, if you read my post I had already turned off every app and service.
    Saturday, February 13, 2016 2:00 AM
  • Check the background apps and turn off them.

Personally I found turning off Glance app helps to improve battery life.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Same problem and most of the backlground apps where turned off.

Event the Data and wireless were turned off!

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 3:06 PM