none
Biztalk 2010 Unit Testing : Bizunit vs Microsoft Unit Testing Framework RRS feed

• Question

• Just wondering the best tool to do Biztalk 2010 unit testing for Schemas , Maps and perhaps Orchestrations . For Biztalk 2009 BizUnit 3.1 clearly stood out , however for Biztalk 2010 Microsoft has provisioned for some new features and also has taken it to the level of load testing with VS 2010 .

Can you please suggest the comparitive advantages and disadvantages of using one tool over the other.

Thanks

Anthstone

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 9:11 PM

Answers

• Well Bizmock , Bizmonade are emerging unit testing tools and I'm awed by the prudent features that is planned. However , my requirement at the moment is not to mock a service . Perhaps i'd be much obliged if we have a hands up for MSTS or Bizunit 4.0 .

Thanks,

Anthstone

Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:19 PM

All replies

• You forgett the SoapUi.

I use it almost on all my BizTalk system testing. If some interfaces are not exposed with Web-services, I create those WS. It takes some time, but using SoapUi I can do everything with tests.

I can generate any possible requests, analyse any responses, take any decisions and implement any logic using scripts. Performance testing got created in seconds. Etc.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalk: Sample: Context Routing and Throttling with orchestration
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Thanks Leonid , yes surely agree SoapUI is a good tool to view and intercept messages . However, I'd like to know the way forward from the experiences of the guru's here between Bizunit 4.0 and MS TS.

Thanks,

Anthstone

Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:01 PM
  • BizMock is a nice unit-testing tool for BizTalk.  It's not very well documented, but if you can figure it out, it works pretty well.

http://bizmock.codeplex.com/

Ed Jones, MCPD, MCTS: BizTalk, WCF talentedmonkey@hotmail.com http://talentedmonkeys.wordpress.com
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 10:12 PM
  • Well Bizmock , Bizmonade are emerging unit testing tools and I'm awed by the prudent features that is planned. However , my requirement at the moment is not to mock a service . Perhaps i'd be much obliged if we have a hands up for MSTS or Bizunit 4.0 .

Thanks,

Anthstone

Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:19 PM