none
Difference between FAST ESP Content Connectors and FAST Search for SharePoint 2010 connectors RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint 2010 Farm Integrated with FAST ESP.Now I want to migrate FAST ESP Search System to FS4SP 2010 (Fast Search for SharePoint 2010). I have following queries:

(1) What is the best possible way to achieve this.

(2) What is the difference between FAST ESP Content Connectors and FAST Search for SharePoint 2010 connectors. Shall we use as is FAST ESP Connectors or need to do some customization.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 11:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Set up FS4SP and crawl all content via the Content SSA in SharePoint using the SharePoint crawler. There is no index migration path, and the ESP connectors are not compatible with FS4SP.

2. If you mean the SharePoint connector, then the SharePoint one (FS4SP uses the same connectors as SP2010) is more stable and works for all scenarios. I have had numerous issues with the ESP one before which I have not seen using FS4SP.

When using FS4SP you cannot use the ESP connectors. Except the db connector and webcrawler which are included in FS4SP.

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/MCT/MCPD - If you find an answer useful, please up-vote it.
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Author of Working with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint

Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:02 PM