none
Bootstrap log

Question

• Hi all;
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the bootstrap log for a secondary site installation shows a date time stamp (at least on the secondary site we were installing here at my clients site) of 1/1/1601.

I don't remember reading in my history classes about an inventor being tried for witchcraft for inventing a funny little box that did all sorts of marvelous things like nearly instant calculations and such.

Is this an "undocumented feature", or is there a fix upcoming, or some other way to get an accurate DTS from this log. Acutally the DTS isn't on any of the messages themselves, but rather shows up in the summary section where the full message is spelled out.

Wally; I didn't know ya'll at Microsoft had invented a time machine.
    Monday, May 05, 2008 3:09 PM

Answers

• I've never looked at the log to check the date/time (it has never been important to me before to look at it). However, I've seen that date/time stamp before.

Is this a non-English version?

It does have any negative effect.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 3:29 AM

All replies

• I've never looked at the log to check the date/time (it has never been important to me before to look at it). However, I've seen that date/time stamp before.

Is this a non-English version?

It does have any negative effect.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 3:29 AM
  • I guess that it's only a problem caused by trace32.exe (so Wally has never seen that 1601 date before Wink ). trace32.exe sometimes does not display any date in the date/time column although it's present and up to date in the logfiles (use NOTEPAD to verify this). In that case trace32.exe displays 01.01.1601 in the info pane.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 7:05 AM