MOSS 2007 Import User profile and local server accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Is It possible to import Local Server User Account in MOSS 2007 User Profile? We've install MOSS on a server with AD but all the user accounts are stored locally on the server.

Thanks.

Francois Lessard
    www.docteurl.com
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In my opinion, we can only set the SSP to import from the AD, ADAM, or LDAP, or BDC (supplemental information only) using an incremental schedule, and that information is then subsequently synched down to the individual website.

So I suggest that you recreate the same accounts in your AD.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, December 16, 2011 3:25 AM
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, local user is only used when you install SharePoint 2007 on a standalone installation without AD.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/fooshen/archive/2007/02/01/installing-moss-without-ad.aspx

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2011 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In my opinion, we can only set the SSP to import from the AD, ADAM, or LDAP, or BDC (supplemental information only) using an incremental schedule, and that information is then subsequently synched down to the individual website.

So I suggest that you recreate the same accounts in your AD.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Thursday, December 8, 2011 3:34 AM
  • Hi Rock,

We have a test box for MOSS 2007 and there is no profile import configures it only has the computer accounts under user profiles.

So is there a way the both can be configured?

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:04 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, local user is only used when you install SharePoint 2007 on a standalone installation without AD.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/fooshen/archive/2007/02/01/installing-moss-without-ad.aspx

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Friday, December 9, 2011 3:26 AM
  • Hi,

Did you have any questions? If anything is unclear, feel free to drop me a note.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:13 AM