none
Cannot view/Edit Outlook Anyway on Exchange Client Access Server RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

When I tried to view outlookanywhere from command and ECP, I got error as below:

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-OutlookAnywhere -server cas1
    An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message is Access is denied.
    . HResult = -2147024891
        + CategoryInfo          : NotInstalled: (CAS1\Rpc (Default Web Site):ADObjectId) [Get-OutlookAnywhere], IISGene
       ralCOMException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : [Server=MB2,RequestId=,TimeStamp=9/17/2019 1:54
       :24 PM] [FailureCategory=Cmdlet-IISGeneralCOMException] 19148715,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.SystemConfiguration
      Tasks.GetRpcHttp

this CAS servers, already a member of Exchange trust subsystem. Please kindly advise. thanks. 

Best Regards, Chinda Sam

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:08 PM

All replies

• Hi

Are you running the command from an elevated EMS? does your account have org admin rights?

Can you login into the EAC and view outlook anywhere from there?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:18 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Edward,

We can view from other CAS2 and CAS3. Error only CAS2. 

Even I open it via ECP, it still show error: An IIS directory entry couldn't be created. The error message is Access is denied.

Please advise. thanks.

Best Regards, Chinda Sam

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Hi Chinda Sam,

>> this CAS servers, already a member of Exchange trust subsystem.

We can remove and then re-add this CAS server to Exchange Trust subsystem group. And then restart all servers.

Besides, please check if CAS1 could connect to DC without any problems, include Ping and DNS resolve.

If issue persists, please go IIS manager and check the Status, .NET Framework version and Identity of all app pools, try to recycle all of them and then run IISRESET.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Hi Chinda Sam,

Any updates? Have you found a fix for this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Dear Perry,

"And then restart all servers", this means I need to restart All CAS and Mailbox server ? Please advise. thanks.

Best Regards,

Chinda Sam

Best Regards, Chinda Sam

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:43 AM
  • Dear Perry,

"And then restart all servers", this means I need to restart All CAS and Mailbox server ? Please advise. thanks.

Best Regards,

Chinda Sam

Best Regards, Chinda Sam

Restart all CAS server

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:51 AM
  • Thank you! Let me try and update the result back!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, Chinda Sam

Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:43 AM