Enable dial-in conferencing for non-EV users RRS feed

• Question

• We would like to push the Lync 2013 client to all users, without enabling them for EV in one hit.

However in testing, when a non voice activated schedules a Lync online meeting in Outlook, the dial-in information is not populated in the meeting notice.  Is there a way to enable dial-in conferencing without full voice activation?

Sunday, June 1, 2014 11:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Check this out though: http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/C/7/8C7C30DA-0386-4698-8BBB-367EAC8C4352/Lync%20Licensing%20Guide%20February%202013.pdf

In the Lync licensing guide, under Enterprise CAL's in table 3.4.4, it states "Schedule and invite attendees to meetings with audio (including dial-out to PSTN or PBX users and hosted audio conferencing features), video, web conferencing and content sharing". 

If you have a dialplan with a region assigned,  a number assigned to that region, and the users are configured as PC to PC only (instead of Enterprise voice), but you have a Tel URI populated, you can call into a PSTN conference and authenticate as your extension.

So, I believe it's possible, and I believe you can do it with just the Enterprise CAL for the users who will initiate the meetings.  It's somewhat confusing and even asking Microsoft can get you unclear answers.

Here's a link from Ståle too: http://msunified.net/2013/12/20/dial-in-conferencing-in-lync-now-just-requires-enterpreise-cal/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Proposed as answer by Georg Thomas Monday, June 2, 2014 2:25 PM
    • Marked as answer by Samuel_Maddock Monday, June 9, 2014 10:22 PM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 11:37 AM
  • You  don't need to enable any user for EV for dial-in-conferencing. You ONLY need to populate the user's TEL URI with proper E.164 formatted  number. That should fix your issue.

• Proposed as answer by Georg Thomas Monday, June 2, 2014 2:25 PM
    Monday, June 2, 2014 1:26 PM
  • Hi Samuel,

With the release of Lync 2013 gives us a new feature called “Dail-out Conferencing for non-Enteprise Voice users”. This can be configured by setting the Conferencing policy to allow this feature (Set-CSConferencingPolicy –AllowNonEnterpriseVoiceUsersToDialOut:$true). After enabling this you can then assign a voice policy to this user and they will be able to take advantage of this feature.

Also you can refer below link

http://blogs.technet.com/b/rischwen/archive/2013/01/17/dial-out-conferencing-for-non-enterprise-voice-users.aspx

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer" Mai Ali | My blog: Technical | Twitter: Mai Ali

Monday, June 2, 2014 1:53 PM
  • Anthony is correct. You do not need Enterprise Voice licensing for dial-in conference, you only require the Enterprise CAL (in addition to Standard) and as mentioned by Anthony and Imrul a Tel/LineURI must be set against the user. 

If you haven't already, I'd suggest taking a look at this guide, which goes into detail about what is required and how to set it up http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398600.aspx (this page outlines the LineURI requirements http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412896.aspx)

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, June 2, 2014 2:24 PM
  • We have many PC-PC only users in our environment without Tel URI defined and dial-in conferencing works fine for them. To confirm, the issue is not dial-out conferencing, or conferencing PINs/authenticating. The challenge is that when users without EV or PC-PC create a Lync meeting, the PSTN dial-In info is not populated/created.
    Monday, June 2, 2014 3:16 PM
  • Thanks but I think you are answering a difference question.. I'm looking to enable dial-IN conferencing for non-EV or PC-PC users..
    Monday, June 2, 2014 3:18 PM
  • Thanks - very helpful. Query though, the documentation says a Tel URI can only be set on a user defined for EV, PC-PC or remote call control. In my case the users I want to enable dial-in conferencing for do not have any of the above. Does that mean its a no-go, or can I still assign a Tel URI via scripting?
    Monday, June 2, 2014 3:26 PM
  • What setting to they have instead of PC-to-PC?  Audio/Video disabled?  If they're set to audio/video disabled, then you're correct, this is not possible, they'll need to be set to PC-PC at the least.  Is there a reason they're not?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Monday, June 2, 2014 3:28 PM
  • And so you learn something new every day :-)

Thanks fellas, I didn't know that

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question, please click "Mark As Answer"
    Lync Sorted blog

Monday, June 2, 2014 7:22 PM
  • It's one of those odd licensing scenarios.  I also find it odd that peer to peer audio and video chat is standard CAL, but peer to peer desktop sharing is enterprise CAL.  I have to sit down with our sales reps every now and again and review this with them. 

Monday, June 2, 2014 7:29 PM
  • The other thing that I find odd is that the Enterprise CAL is only required to create conferences. If you want to be a participant (attendee) in someone else's conferences, you only need a Standard CAL

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, June 2, 2014 7:36 PM
  • Mods, please change this thread to a discussion thread.  (Just kidding, please don't!)

Monday, June 2, 2014 7:43 PM
  • Your answer is Modify the Lync conferencing policy assign to users. Your Conferencing Policy was set to  EnableDialInConferencing  : False. Change this setting to $True and PSTN Dial-in Info will populate in meeting invites. Remember to assign users this policy after change is made. 

• Proposed as answer by dareadepoju Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:16 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by dareadepoju Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:27 PM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:16 PM
  • Your answer is Modify the Lync conferencing policy assign to users. Your Conferencing Policy was set to  EnableDialInConferencing  : False. Change this setting to $True and PSTN Dial-in Info will populate in meeting invites. Remember to assign users this policy after change is made. 
    • Proposed as answer by dareadepoju Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:18 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by dareadepoju Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:27 PM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:17 PM
  • Won't setting users up with a LineURI break your environment if you have some users on EV and some not?

The situation we ran into was that users would try to call someone in another office using EV and they'd end up calling the Lync client. Is there some sort of workaround?

Brandon

Thursday, February 18, 2016 12:42 PM