none
Project Server 2010 Queue start error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im not able to start my server Project server queue service.Which show the error as the attached document

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:12 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Set the following registry Keys:
    ◦HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServicesPipeTimeout (create a Dword with the Value of 60000 *decimal)
    ◦HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout (change the String Value from 12000 to 120000)

Reboot your server

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:45 AM
  • Hi there--

1. Did you try to validate the Logon identity of Microsoft project server queue service 2010  from services.msc?
    2. try changing the service account for the service & start it.
    3. Are you using the Virtual  environment, if yes, Please see below  EPMCoE's blog
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wwepmcoe/archive/2010/01/08/queue-service-and-event-service-will-not-start-in-a-virtualized-environment.aspx
    4. See the ULS logs for more info.
    5. Go to central admin > operations > services on server > stop the Project Application Service then start the Project Application Service again. Try to start the Microsoft project server queue service 2010 from services.

Hope that helps.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:10 AM
  • All the solution is tried but i was not sucessful,

Im not working on virtual environment

I changed the logon identity for localSystem and trired and also for the account which has admin privilege for MOSS and PS 2010

Let me know watz the solution

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:23 AM
  • Okay. Please check permission on the following folder

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

If possible add everyone with full control

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:48 PM
  • this is the error i recive when i try to start the service

when i change the logon to Local system or Network service or Local service account and also the account which has the administrator privilage in project server and sharepoint.I tried to stop the project application service from central admin and restarted the this service and later of which i started Queue service but still the above error is seen

Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:13 AM
  • I did not understand the solution what is the path u have mentioned.Please tell me the steps to be done clearly
    Friday, October 19, 2012 9:01 AM
  • here for the path u have given im not able to edit any account privilages or add any account
    Friday, October 19, 2012 9:03 AM
  • this is the error i recive when i try to start the service

when i change the logon to Local system or Network service or Local service account and also the account which has the administrator privilage in project server and sharepoint.I tried to stop the project application service from central admin and restarted the this service and later of which i started Queue service but still the above error is seen
    Friday, October 19, 2012 9:03 AM
  • Login as administrator on the server. Take ownership of the folder and then add everyone with full control permisison

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

Note : Folder may be hidden

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Friday, October 19, 2012 5:21 PM