Workaround Distribution Lists for multiple domains? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I tested online exchange and bought it for my company. Unfortunatly I didn't test it well enough. It seems Exchange Online ain't that multiple domain serviced as it should be. It's not possible to create a distribution list for marketing@domain1.com and marketing@domain2.com . Which sounds kinda standard functionallity to me, but okay. As I don't want to spend thousands of dollards changing marketing/communcations materials. Does anyone know a work around?
    Regards
    Marc
    Monday, December 21, 2009 2:21 PM

Answers

• I did a quick test in my test domain, and it does appear it's possible.  When you create the second distribution list give it an email address of marketing2@domain2.com.  Then after it's created go into the properties of the group and get rid of the 2 at the end of marketing.  Then in the domain name drop down, when you click you'll see 2 instances of each domain for some reason (at least I do).  Select the second instance of domain2.com that you see in the list.  It should now allow you to set the email address as marketing@domain2.com.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Chad

Monday, December 21, 2009 3:46 PM

All replies

• I did a quick test in my test domain, and it does appear it's possible.  When you create the second distribution list give it an email address of marketing2@domain2.com.  Then after it's created go into the properties of the group and get rid of the 2 at the end of marketing.  Then in the domain name drop down, when you click you'll see 2 instances of each domain for some reason (at least I do).  Select the second instance of domain2.com that you see in the list.  It should now allow you to set the email address as marketing@domain2.com.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Chad

Monday, December 21, 2009 3:46 PM
  • Rofl, seems to work. The support guy said it was not possible but told me he will come back with another solution. Thx Chad!
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:11 PM