Recovery Distribution Point RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am busy with creating a recovery plan for our SCCM 2012 related servers

I have a question according to the recovery of a Distribution Point

Is it possible to do a full server recovery in case of a mayor issue (failed) of a server with the role distribution point (and is it supported).

If it is not supported (or possible) what is the best way of removing de failed distribution point from the SCCM environment

Step 1 : Remove failed Distribution Point from Boundary Group
    Step 2 : Remove failed Distribution Point from Distribution Point Group
    Step 3: How to remove the entries of the failed Distribution Point from the SCCM Console (SCCM environment) , I think the failed Distribution Point cannot be removed from the Console (Remove Rol Distribution Point will not work anymore I think).

I hope someone can help me with completing the steps

Regards,

Johan

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:14 AM

Answers

• A full server backup and restore of a DP site system would be OK, but you would need to ensure that you either have content validation enabled or you re-distribute any changed content to that restored DP.

You can simply delete a failed (server down) distribution point site system, rather than trying to remove the distribution point role.  You would need to re-provision that site system and re-send all of the content.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:50 PM

All replies

• Hi All

I mean with a failed distribution point a distribution that's not accesseble anymore (I mean down)

Regards

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:15 PM
  • A full server backup and restore of a DP site system would be OK, but you would need to ensure that you either have content validation enabled or you re-distribute any changed content to that restored DP.

You can simply delete a failed (server down) distribution point site system, rather than trying to remove the distribution point role.  You would need to re-provision that site system and re-send all of the content.

My Personal Blog: http://madluka.wordpress.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:50 PM
  • Hi Madluka

Thx for your quick response

Regards

Johan

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:17 PM