Zero byte file no access > delete or move rename … RRS feed

• Question

• When i was copy some files one file was created and now i can't remove it.  When try to delete it return message that file could not be found.

I can't get ownership. On security tab explorer give me only: "The requested information is either unavailable or can't be displayed "

I try with Tune up  ( see file not delete it ) and CMD not find file. Explorer sometimes find some not !
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The file that you cannot delete could be caused by many reasons, please refer to Microsoft official article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081, it provides the details of this situation, please follow the steps and fix the problems.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Bazikcho Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:33 PM
  • It works with some tryes :)

After 10 :) The system cannot find the path specified.

I use DIR /x and then file was with different name and I successfully delete it with "Del (new name)"

• Marked as answer by Bazikcho Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:59 PM

All replies

• Go to control panel, folder options, view and clear the checkmarks to allow you to see all the files on your computer. Also check to make sure the option to hide system and other files is unchecked, too, and also uncheck the option for hiding extensions. ADMINISTRATIVE ACCESS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR ABILITY TO SEE HIDDEN OR SYSTEM FILES !!!
    NTauthority-local
    Monday, August 16, 2010 12:05 AM
  • I think you don't understand me, I want to hide this file or delete it. I don't want to see it at all. The problem is that i see the file that i can't move, delete rename. Checkmarks that you tell me too try don't do anything too this file, even extension is still there :)
    Monday, August 16, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Hi,

The file that you cannot delete could be caused by many reasons, please refer to Microsoft official article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320081, it provides the details of this situation, please follow the steps and fix the problems.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Miya Yao

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Bazikcho Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:33 PM
  • It works with some tryes :)

After 10 :) The system cannot find the path specified.

I use DIR /x and then file was with different name and I successfully delete it with "Del (new name)"

• Marked as answer by Bazikcho Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:59 PM