none
SteadyState missing after installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I am running Vista Home premium (32 bit), I installed SteadyState weeks ago but now I cant find it nor can i install it. When I try to install, I get an error saying its already installed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, February 13, 2009 3:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The best solution is to uninstall SteadyState using the restricted account that was used to install it.  Then, reinstall using your admin account.

SteadyState is designed to be installed by the administrator only, so it does not add itself to the list of programs for all users. 

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:10 PM

All replies

• Umm...i found it something strange.  Steadystate is installed on a restricted user's account and does not show on admin account.

I installed SteadyState using a restricted user account. Yes, I was prompted for an admin account password but its strange to be not able to find steadystate on the admin account or any other account EXCEPT the restricted user who installed it.

whats the fix?

I want to get the steadystate controls to admin account..

Thanks

Saturday, February 14, 2009 12:35 AM
  • Hi,

The best solution is to uninstall SteadyState using the restricted account that was used to install it.  Then, reinstall using your admin account.

SteadyState is designed to be installed by the administrator only, so it does not add itself to the list of programs for all users. 

Thanks,
    Rob Elmer
    Development Lead
    Windows SteadyState
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:10 PM
  • Thanks! I'll try that. 
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:54 PM