none
MS Project Professional resourse levelling RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have several projects loaded on Project web app and would like more detail on the functionality of the resourse levelling, can I prioritise the projects and load level all together?

At the moment I'm levelling the projects one at a time but this does not take into account the other projects

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:50 AM

All replies

• Mullarkey --

Yes, you can level across multiple projects simultaneously.  To do this, open all of these projects in Microsoft Project Professional 2010 and then apply the Resource Usage view in any one of the open projects.  This view will consolidate all of the resources and their task assignments across all of the open projects.  Using this view, I would recommend you try to level one resource at a time.  You can study the leveling results for that resource in question by applying the Leveling Gantt view.  Work back and forth between the Resource Usage view and the Leveling Gantt view until you have successfully leveled the resource overallocations across all open projects.  Then remember to save each of the open projects.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:26 PM
  • Thanks Dale I will try your suggestion

can I ask another question please

I have been running a project in Project Web App for some time now, today I have received the below message and can not open the Project Web App to edit.

"This project uses features that are not supported for editing in Project Web App.

This project contains tasks with task calendars."

I have a number of other projects running so I suspect that I have edited this one in some manner

thanks

Monday, September 9, 2013 9:13 AM