Dial Tone Recovery Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.
    I  was testing Dial Tone Recovery Exchange 2010. In my case switch user to new database get 1 minute.  If i have 700 user's it will be 12 hours... Is this normal?
    Monday, February 3, 2014 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hi.
    I  was testing Dial Tone Recovery Exchange 2010. In my case switch user to new database get 1 minute.  If i have 700 user's it will be 12 hours... Is this normal?

You mean it took a minute before they could access the new mailbox with Outlook? Thats prpobably due do to the time it took before autodiscovery kicked it. That should be about the same for all the users - so not 12 hours and OWA should work right away.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, February 3, 2014 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi.

You mean it took a minute before they could access the new mailbox with Outlook? Thats prpobably due do to the time it took before autodiscovery kicked it. That should be about the same for all the users - so not 12 hours and OWA should work right away.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, February 3, 2014 7:06 PM
  •  when you say "switch user to new database" are you speaking of re-pointing users to an alternate mailbox database or are you talking about how long it takes Outlook to connect to the new instance of the DB deleted for dial tone recovery?   The reason I ask is that for true dial tone actions there is no need to repoint to user to the newly dial toned EDB....

Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline Exchange Mailbox and Public Folder EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 --> 2013 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Monday, February 3, 2014 9:27 PM
  • I mean "switch user to new database" to new "dial tone EDB"  when i do this

Get-Mailbox -Database "db2_std" | Set-Mailbox -Database temp1_db2_std
    Confirm
    Rehoming mailbox "Anna" to database "temp1_db2_std". This operation will only
    modify the mailbox's Active Directory configuration. Be aware that the current mailbox content will become inaccessible
     to the user.
    [Y] Yes  [A] Yes to All  [N] No  [L] No to All  [?] Help (default is "Y"): A

Have I do something wrong?

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:47 AM