none
Background Color (not image/bmp) on image for VM Template, Sysprep, MDT RRS feed

• Question

• I have Googled this issue and tried various things without success and I hope you can help me.  I'm trying to have a standard background color (not image, not bmp) on an image for Server 2012 R2 image.  I am using Sysprep and MDT to create and save the image.  The background color should be the same for every user who logs onto the machine and then they can change it later if they want.

Can you please help me with where in MDT or a config file or where I should configure this before I run Sysprep /shutdown, etc.?   I assume this should be done logged on as Administrator before running Sysprep.  Thanks much.
    Monday, June 3, 2019 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Background color is user based settings. It won't be applied to all users automatically. You have to use the Task Scheduler to execute the scripts whenever new users logged to first time in devices or apply the changes for all users profiles through registry. 

Thursday, June 6, 2019 9:07 AM
  • Hello,

Background color is user based settings. It won't be applied to all users automatically. You have to use the Task Scheduler to execute the scripts whenever new users logged to first time in devices or apply the changes for all users profiles through registry. 

Do you know what the Default user profile is?  Have you ever created an enterprise image for a business?  Did you know you can select a default background image for all users that log onto a computer, except that I am asking about color instead of image?
    Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:35 PM