none
Outlook Exchange Configure and Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to inquire if there's anyway i can keep the email in the mobile with pop3 configuration.

My situation now is  i have 1 PC which is using outlook 2010 with exchange email configuration and mobile phone with pop3 configured with the same email user.

If the outlook in the PC is close the email will be downloaded to the mobile phone but when the outlook in the PC will open all the email will be downloaded from the server meaning even the phone will loss all the email that has been previously downloaded when the outlook in pc was closed.

My question is there anyway i could keep the email from the mobile?

Thanks,

Nidz

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:24 AM

Answers

• Create a second mailbox.  Forward all mail from the original to the new one.  Connect to the original one with Outlook.  Connect to the new one with POP on your mobile device.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Marked as answer by nidzms Monday, June 17, 2019 5:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:32 PM

All replies

• Hi

You mean you dont want the mobile to download mail but you want the pc only to download mail?

If the mailbox is using outlook anywhere why not use activesync on the device vs pop?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:12 AM
  • Hi Edward,

Thanks for the reply.. I want the mobile to keep the downloaded email via pop3. 

The issue im facing here once the PC(configure as Exchange) download the email from the server all the mail that is there in the mobile will gone. I want to keep the downloaded email in the mobile, same like i want to have a copy of the email in the mobile even though the outlook(exchange) download it from the server. 

Thanks,

Nidz

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:19 PM
  • Create a second mailbox.  Forward all mail from the original to the new one.  Connect to the original one with Outlook.  Connect to the new one with POP on your mobile device.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Marked as answer by nidzms Monday, June 17, 2019 5:35 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:32 PM