Cannot Start Application - Unable to initialize package information (0x00000000) RRS feed

• Question

• Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 clients

Everything ran normally last Friday till today, no one can execute any applications. I asked users to unload/delete all applications and refresh the publishing servers. Interesting, the information for publishing servers in Application Virtualization Client was gone, we had to manually enter it again. After a successfully reloaded all the apps, majority of apps are still failing. Take Groupwise 8 for example, it reloaded and ran fine on windows 7 clients but it still have issue on windows xp clients.

Anyone experiences this issue before and has a good known solution to Unable to initialize package information (0x00000000)? Thanks.

Monday, October 18, 2010 4:36 PM

Answers

• I deleted all the cache, and re-installed the clients and it fixed the problem (Of course, this just like a new install)
    Monday, October 18, 2010 7:44 PM

All replies

• Do you have SCCM in place?

What App-V Infrastructure are you using? "full" infrastructure (With an App-V Management Server)?

Falko
    Monday, October 18, 2010 5:34 PM
  • Yes, we have SCCM in place and I am using "Full" infrastructure with App-V Management Server. Will SCCM we just deploy causing the issue?
    Monday, October 18, 2010 6:36 PM
  • I deleted all the cache, and re-installed the clients and it fixed the problem (Of course, this just like a new install)
    Monday, October 18, 2010 7:44 PM
  • Sounds like SCCM Client went ahead and configured App-V Client to its liking, this causes that App-V Client cannot talk to Management Server anymore. Did somebody enable App-V integration in SCCM's site configuration?

/Kalle

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:00 PM
  • This was my guess, too. I suppose somebody enabled the App-V support in SCCM which then overrules the original App-V client installtion.

Even a re-installation only may work for a limited time - until an SCCM Policy Refresh occurs and SCCM repairs "ist" settings.

Find the responsible contact from your SCCM team and discuss with them the App-V infrastructure.

SCCM and App-V Management Server can't co-exist. It is one-or-the-other for a certain enpoint device 

Falko
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:30 PM