allow all the users of the machine to be able to install fonts without admin rights, just like in windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• any solution that able to allow all the users of the machine (PC) to be able to install fonts without admin rights, just like in windows XP?

Jaslena

Friday, August 28, 2015 9:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, it seems can work for standard user if you save the extracted font file on a share folder and deploy from GP.

http://deployhappiness.com/installing-fonts-with-group-policy/

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/133185-how-can-a-standard-user-install-fonts-in-windows-7

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

You can have a try by follow the steps in the link above. If you want to edit security permissions and changing registry settings to meet the requirement without 3rd party software, I think it’s hard to realize.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 7, 2015 8:48 AM
  • i do not want to use GPO to push.. as not everyone needs the fonts from the designer.

what I want is a simple way which in Window XP that it allows user to be able to add fonts to C:\windows\font folder.

Jaslena

• Edited by Jaslena Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:09 AM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you mean that just add a fonts file to a folder and allow standard user to add or use this folder?

If it does, we have test in our machine. The folder is just can be modified by admin account, and this is by design. You cannot change it unless you use group policy to add or restrict the permission for group.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 11, 2015 2:39 AM