none
How to migrate a cloned Production enivornment SharePoint 2010 Database, Web and Project Server to a Testing environment RRS feed

• Question

• I have cloned a functional production SharePoint environment (ProdSpDB_1, ProdSpWeb_1, ProdSpPrj_1) and brought it online in my test environment.  

My servers are assigned newly test server names (TestSpDB_1, TestSpWeb_1, TestSpPrj_1) and IP Address were re-configured. They can communicate with each other.  I can RDP to the server to configure the servers.

These are steps I have done to configure these machines and start the portal.
    1) The service accounts used by service application & app pools are no longer referring to the production domain.  

2)  The SharePoint configuration wizard was run successfully.

I have RDP to both servers and tried to compare the differences and make changes accordingly.  Should I perform a backup of the SharePoint farm and restore it in the testing environment to get everything working?  

I referenced the following forum to help me, but it get's me part of the way.

Clone SharePoint 2010 Production environment for Test Environment

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/45158/clone-sharepoint-2010-production-environment-for-test-environment/111538

Very Kind Regards, Kevin Scott

Saturday, October 20, 2018 6:11 PM