none
Dual Monitor fails to wake from sleep properly

Question

• For years I have had dual monitors working fine in my Win 7 machine. Then a few months ago I started having problems when the computer turn on or wakes from sleep mode. The primary monitor turns on then switches off after a second. The only remedy is to turn off the monitor, turn on, and repeat until finally the monitor stays awake.

I have tried shutting down the computer and starting using the system restore disk - the monitor does not come on. 

I tried installing a replacement video card (and turning off the motherboard video support) the problem is the same. This indicates it is not the video driver or physical video chip.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Miles Nelson,

Usually this behavior is related to the driver. I noticed you have tried to replace the graphic adapter, have you tried to update or reinstall the monitor`s driver?

Considering you are using dual monitor, we could try to configure the other monitor as the  primary monitor to troubleshoot whether it is related to the monitor`s driver. Or we just connect one monitor one time to have a troubleshoot.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 7:47 AM