There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default programs control panel RRS feed

• Question

• My environment is as follows:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit SP1

Office 2010 Pro Plus 32bit  Version 14.0.6123.5001

E-mail application: Lotus Notes 8.5.2 FP4 Client

My system is only a few days old. I've checked all areas in Control Panel and Default Programs and File extensions Assoc

When I'm in Word or Excel

1) I select File

2) Save & Send

3) Click on Send Using E-mail

I get the following errors see pics

Checc

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Configure Outlook properly and remove third party e-mail client from your workstation ;-)

If you really want solve problem with your 3rd pty e-mail client, then visit appropriate support forum for this 3rd pty client. From the point of vies of MS, the closer forum is that one that solves Office problems. Reduce factors that may influence the transfer, eg. disable firewall for the moment of testing.

Regards

Milos

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:58 PM
  • Hi,

Here is a similar thread for your reference:

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default programs control panel

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproappcompat/thread/036e3cf6-bff7-4ef2-bd0a-555cd2399ad4

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, November 5, 2012 8:08 AM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 2:29 AM
  • I have tried all these solutions with no luck.  Running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit with Live Mail 2012. I had outlook 2003 previously installed and then converted to Live Mail later. Uninstalled Office 2003 and Uninstalled Live mail and reinstalled.  Made all of the registry changed recommended and set all of the defaults.  Still no success
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:13 PM